Welcome to Stay Swaledale
Chris and Glenda Calvert look forward to welcoming you to Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales for Bed & Breakfast at Pry House Farm, Keld or to their newly acquired holiday cottage, Hillcrest in Low Row.
Hillcrest Cottage, Low Row, Swaledale
New to the holiday market, a beautiful 3 bedroom, two bathroom period cottage, with superb first floor sitting room providing unrivalled views of the dale. Hillcrest has been tastefully finished and furnished to provide first class holiday accommodation yet retaining all the warmth and charm of a traditional dales cottage.
* Former lead miner's cottage, fully renovated to a high standard
* Log burning stoves and full central heating
* Top quality beds, dreamy duvets and linen
* Secure cycle storage
* Quiet, village location, stunning views
* Excellent pub serving good food just a stroll away
* BT landline and Wi-Fi
* Garden and parking
* One well behaved pet welcome
Pry House Farm Bed & Breakfast
Pry House Farm is a working hill farm, two miles west of Keld at the head of Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Situated close to the Coast to Coast and Pennine Way Pry House is an ideal stopping off point for long distant walkers. Equally the stunning location and peaceful location make it a superb base for a holiday in the Yorkshire Dales.
* Traditional dales farmhouse with stone flagged floors, beamed ceilings & open fires
* Comfy beds with quality mattresses & luxury linen for a good night's sleep
* Hearty Yorkshire Dales breakfast using locally sourced produce whenever possible
* Spacious sitting room with open fire, TV., books and games
* Central heating throughout including under floor
* Spectacular views of meadows and fells
* Off road parking
We live at Pry House Farm, a working hill farm, two miles west of Keld. Chris has farmed at the top of the dale all his adult life. I help Chris on the farm at lambing time but the rest of the year I am kept busy welcoming bed & breakfast guests into our home (April to October) and looking after Hillcrest Cottage.
We love our cottage in Low Row and will, one day, retire there but in the meantime we get a lot of pleasure from sharing it with guests from all over the world. Chris can trace his family back to Low Row; his great, great grandfather was a lead miner there and lived in a cottage not far from Hillcrest. Perhaps that is what makes Low Row and Hillcrest is so special to us.